Umina has a state of the art ripening facility for both organic and conventional produce. We have over 20 years of ripening experience and are one of the largest processers of organic bananas in the country.
The facility operates seven days a week and as the capacity to ripen bananas, avocados, mangos and tomatoes.
Performing services such as:
- In and Out
- Short Term Storage
- Local Distribution
- Product Marketing and Development Programs
- Ad Planning and Department Pricing Strategy
- Team Member Training and Coaching
- Department Layout/Furniture and Fixture Design
- Special Program implementation (Fair Trade/Bio Dynamic)
- Private Label Packing
- Product Sourcing, Organic and Conventional
- Local Farm Sourcing and Logistics in Southern and Northern California
- Market Research and Competition Analysis to Best Target Your Core Demographic
- In store Demos and Consumer Education
- Customized Produce Order Guides
Umina operates a fully certified fleet of refrigerated tractor trailers and bobtails. All trucks are equipped with real time GPS tracking to ensure the location and timely delivery of your product. We have been able to uphold a 99% on time delivery for the past 30 years.